ＷＨＯ ＤＡＲＥＳ ＡＷＡＫＥＮ ＵＳ ＦＲＯＭ ＯＵＲ ＳＬＵＭＢＥＲ
POTATO TRIBUTE BLOGGING
We did it kids. We baked spaghetti inside garlic bread.
how do we nominate people for Nobel prizes
you know whats better than a mozerella stick?
37 mozzarella sticks
You know what’s better than 37 mozzarella sticks?
37 mozzarella sticks in my mouth.
Do not take food issues personally.
If someone can’t eat something, it’s not personal:
- It isn’t a rejection of your hospitality
- It isn’t an insult to your cooking skills
- It isn’t a comment on your health, your lifestyle, or your diet
It’s also not any of your business:
- Don’t expect an intimate conversation about the reasons behind the food restriction
- Don’t make a big deal about it
- Do not comment about weight loss
- Do not offer unsolicited medical advice
- Do not offer unsolicited health advice
- Or unsolicited religious commentary
- Or your views on vegetarianismAnd especially, don’t do dangerous things:
- Don’t try to trick people into eating things
- Even if you think their food issue is a ridiculous phobia and that tricking them would cure it
- Seriously, seriously, don’t do that
- It won’t help, and this kind of thing can and does kill people
- And, in any case, irrational people also have the right to say no
You do not need to agree that the person is correct about what to eat in order to interact with them respectfully. You just have to arrange for it to be possible for them to be in spaces you’re in, and for it to be predictable whether there will be anything for them to eat there.
jriklgjkrrgj ^ YES TO THIS AND EVERYTHING ON THIS BLOG.
When I buy fruit and veggies, I always soak them in a 1:4 ratio of vinegar and water to help remove toxins and pesticides. I leave them soaking for up to an hour, longer with nonorganic apples. At the end of the bath, sometimes you can even see cloudy like stuff in the water from the skins and waxes, and dirt on the bottom.
good idea ^
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS MAGICAL IDEA WITH THE WORLD
Also works for fruit fly eggs apparently.
I always forget to do this OTL
Do this with berries, it helps to prevent the growth of mold. I’ve had strawberries last up to two weeks longer than normal from this.
there’s also a nice fruit and vegetable wash that you can get at trader joe’s (i forget which brand but yeah trader joe’s sells a lot of cool organic stuff) if you guys have an aversion to vinegar hehe
Getting some now.
- Eat it
- Eat it all
- It’s the season of pumpkin and cranberry and peppermint everything
- Fuck the magazines that try and guilt you with the “Christmas 8” or whatever they’ve made up
- And fuck anyone who chirps at you and asks “do you REALLY need that second helping of green bean casserole?”
- Oh and cupcakes make a great cheap/last minute gift for any occasion (you can even make them vegan!)
Congratulations you have all the tools you need to deal with holiday food this year.
preheat oven to 350; smush 1.5 squares of break-apart refrigerated cookie dough into the bottom of each well. place reeses cup upside down on top of cookie dough (or an oreo!). top with prepared box brownie mix, filling 3/4 full.bake for 18 minutes! HEAVEN.
Page 1 of 3